Friday, May 8, 2009

THEY CALL ME MiMi

I became a MiMi in Oct. 06', in fact, just 3 days after being diagnosed with cancer.

Knowing my grandson was on his way I kept my diagnosis between my sister and myself. I was adamant about not taking away from my son, daughter-in-law and my grandson's day. No one was going to rain on their parade, least of all me!

Needless-to-say, one look into the angelic face of my grandson gave me yet another reason to fight the fight of my life. I not only needed to be here for my children, I had to be here for my grandson! I was determined that this little boy would know his Grandma!

Fast forward two and a half years and life is grand! I am now officially "MiMi" to two precious little boys! Seth, born to my son that incredible October in 2006 and Aidan, born of my heart when my daughter became engaged to a wonderful man who brought another grandson to me!

I am still battling the cancer but every day I grow stronger and more determined than ever to be here for my children and my grandchildren!

I have been and I continue to be, blessed...

Come, sit down, enjoy a cup of tea on a quiet afternoon (if you have one!) And share your stories.

0 comments:

 
WELCOME TO GROOVY GRAM'S!. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino